The end of our summer season is coming near, even if it last one week longer due to the excessive rain outs. Due to three of the five nights needing an extra week to finish games, the championship game will be moved back from August 14 to Tuesday August 21. Please mark your schedules and come out and enjoy championship softball even if your team doesn’t make it. The tentative schedule is:
2018 Championship Night
Tuesday, August 21st, 2018
- 6:30 PM Field E – Monday Lower
- 6:30 PM Field F – Monday Upper
- 6:30 PM Field G – Friday Lower
- 6:30 PM Field H – Friday Upper
- 7:30 PM Field E – Tuesday Upper
- 7:30 PM Field F – Wednesday
- 7:30 PM Field H – Tuesday Lower
- 8:30 PM Field F – Thursday
Championship games will not be held up in the small case that players could be playing on two different teams, though those players can play on both games as long as they’re properly rostered.
2018 Playoff Schedule
- Monday Night – August 6th, 2018 (top 8 from both divisions)
- Tuesday Night – August 7th, 2018 (top 8 from both divisions)
- Wednesday Night – August 15th, 2018 (all 10 teams)
- Thursday Night – August 16th, 2018 (all 12 teams)
- Friday Night – August 17th, 2018 (all 12 teams split)
Tie-breakers for playoff seed:
- For two teams only — head to head competition will determine the winner.
- For two or more teams —
- Tiebreaker will be head to head competition
- Best winning percentage vs. all playoff teams
- Average run differential for entire season
- A coin toss.
Reminder for South Dakota State Tournaments
- Players who are designated as secondary players on your roster will count as pick up players for State tournaments.
Good luck to all of the teams as this season comes to a close. Fall ball season information will be out by next week! If you have any questions or comments please contact us!